Saturday, May 1, 2010

What is your worth?

What is your self-worth? Your net-worth is not your self-worth. You are much more more than the sum of your bank accounts, check balances and investments. You are worth much more than all those. To understand your real worth, take a look at what God has done for you.

1. You existence on the earth was preplanned by God before the earth began.

“Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ”. Eph 1:4-5.

You are not an after-thought at the end of the 6th day of creation. Your coming was predicted and planned.

2. Not only did God plan to create you before the foundation of the earth was laid, He also predetermined your race, nationality, tribe, parents and birthday. You had an appointed time in history to be born to your specific parents in a locality that determines your nationality.

Acts 17:26 (Today's New International Version)

“From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands”.

Your race and nationality are no accident.

3. Your conception was a product of divine intervention. God is responsible for the union of egg and sperm that brought you into being. Psalms 139:13-16.

“Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.”

4. After you were born, the Lord Almighty continues to be your pillar of support all the days of your life. He upholds, carries, makes, bears and delivers you.

“Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb:
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Is 46:3-4 (Message).

5. Why are you here?

You are wherever you are today by the will of God. You are alive because He wants you to live. All your past, present and future achievements are because of Him. You talents, gifts, abilities, opportunities, skills, positions, standing and status all come from Him. There is nothing that is yours that did not come from Him.

“Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” Revelation 4:11 (KJV)

Whatever your current position in life is, it is posting of the Lord. Just as the army has military posts, so have you been posted to your current location by Him.

“Who knows? Maybe you were made queen for just such a time as this." Esther 4:14b

You are the sum of your personality, abilities, talents, education, temperament, interests, experiences, passions , body, soul, and spirit.

No other human being is exactly like you. You are one-of-a-kind, original masterpiece and only you can be you. There is no copy of you in the universe. You are custom-made. You are as unique as your thumbprint and DNA. See yourself as God sees you.

“We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works” Eph 2:10.

In the world to come, I shall not be asked, "Why were you not Moses?" I shall be asked, "Why were you not Sola?”

No comments:

Post a Comment